The case of Lori Vallow Daybell has captured the attention of the world. Through an analysis of her body language and behavior during an interview with investigators, several fascinating insights can be gleaned.
In this article, we’ll explore 15 different aspects of Lori’s body language that reveal her secrets.
Take a quick look at the below before watching this video to spot the body language cues and more.
Lori’s high blinking rate.
Lori’s high blinking rate during the interview is one of the first things that stand out. This may be due to a variety of factors, including:
- Potential causes: Nervousness, stress, anxiety, or deception.
- Link to stress or anxiety: A high blinking rate can be indicative of heightened stress or anxiety levels, suggesting Lori may be feeling uneasy during the interview.
Active hand gestures and descriptors. 🏽
Lori frequently uses active hand gestures and descriptors when speaking. This could serve several purposes:
- Purpose and impact: Hand gestures can help emphasize points, create engagement, and build rapport with the listener.
- Connection to the conversation: Active hand gestures might indicate Lori’s attempt to control the conversation or steer it in her desired direction.
Adapting to specific questions or situations. 🤦🏻♀️
Throughout the interview, Lori seems to adapt her responses to specific questions or situations:
- Controlling the conversation: By doing so, she may be attempting to control the flow of the conversation and avoid discussing certain topics.
- Examples: When asked about her ex-husband’s death, Lori might change the subject or provide vague answers.
Minimizing physical presence. 🧍🏼♀️
Lori’s body language often involves minimizing her physical presence, which can have several implications:
- Protecting the abdomen: By hunching over or tucking her abdomen in, Lori may be unconsciously protecting herself from perceived threats.
- Possible reasons: This behavior could be due to anxiety, vulnerability, or a desire to appear smaller and less threatening in the situation.
Chaffing and redirection tactics. 🗣️
Lori employs chaffing and redirection tactics during the interview:
- Distraction techniques: By changing the subject, making jokes, or providing irrelevant information, Lori tries to distract the interviewer from probing deeper into sensitive topics.
- Misdirection in the conversation: This tactic allows Lori to maintain some control over the conversation, potentially avoiding difficult or incriminating questions.
Desire for approval or attention. 😛
Throughout the interview, Lori exhibits a desire for approval or attention:
- Mentioning adopted son JJ: Lori brings up her adopted son JJ and emphasizes the challenges she has faced as a parent, possibly to garner sympathy or admiration.
- Husband’s lack of attention to other child: Lori discusses her husband’s lack of attention towards her other child, perhaps to paint herself as a more devoted and caring parent.
Frequent laughter. 🤭
Another notable aspect of Lori’s behavior is her frequent laughter, even during discussions of serious topics:
- Inappropriate context: Laughing when discussing the death of her ex-husband, for example, seems out of place and may indicate an attempt to appear casual or unconcerned.
- Psychological interpretation: Lori’s laughter could also be a defense mechanism to cope with the stress or anxiety of the situation.
Adapting her story. 🙊
Lori appears to adapt her story as the interview progresses:
- Providing irrelevant details: Instead of giving a clear account of events, Lori offers unnecessary or unrelated information that can confuse or mislead the interviewer.
- Avoiding certain topics: Lori may also steer the conversation away from specific subjects, potentially to avoid self-incrimination or revealing her true feelings.
Mirroring or mimicking tactics. 🪞
During the interview, Lori may employ mirroring or mimicking tactics:
- Building rapport: Using similar language, gestures, or expressions as the interviewer can help establish rapport and make the conversation feel more comfortable.
- Gaining trust or approval: Mirroring can also be a subtle way of seeking trust or approval from the interviewer, making it easier for Lori to control the conversation.
Shift in confidence.
Lori’s behavior changes when asked if there’s anything she hasn’t disclosed yet:
- Withholding information: Her increased confidence and self-assurance may signal that she was previously withholding information or not being entirely truthful.
- Specific agenda: This shift in behavior could also indicate that Lori has a particular agenda in mind during the interview, which she wants to advance by controlling the conversation.
Spiritual pose. 🙏
At certain points in the interview, Lori adopts a spiritual pose:
- Desire for higher status or power: Bowing her head when discussing certain topics may indicate Lori’s belief in her own spiritual authority or a desire for higher status or power.
- Belief in spiritual authority: This behavior could also be an attempt to project an image of piety or spirituality, possibly to gain the respect or admiration of the interviewer.
Lori often exhibits protective behavior during the interview:
- Guarding from threats: Shielding her abdomen or crossing her arms might be an attempt to guard herself from potential threats or feel more secure in an unfamiliar situation.
- Feeling secure: This behavior could also be a sign of anxiety or vulnerability, suggesting Lori feels exposed or threatened during the interview.
Baseline deviations. 🙆♀️
Experts have noted several baseline deviations in Lori’s body language:
- Indicators of stress or discomfort: A concave abdomen, high blink rate, and asymmetrical mouth movements may suggest that Lori is experiencing significant stress or discomfort during the interview.
- Expert observations: These deviations from her typical behavior can provide valuable insights into Lori’s emotional state and help investigators understand her motivations and intentions.
Frequently Asked Questions.
What does Lori’s high blinking rate suggest?
Lori’s high blinking rate may indicate stress, anxiety, or deception during the interview.
Why does Lori use active hand gestures and descriptors?
Active hand gestures and descriptors can help Lori emphasize points, engage the listener, and control the conversation.
How does Lori adapt to specific questions or situations?
Lori may change her responses or provide vague answers to control the conversation and avoid discussing certain topics.
What could Lori’s frequent laughter during the interview signify?
Lori’s laughter, even during serious discussions, could be an attempt to appear casual, unconcerned, or as a defense mechanism to cope with stress or anxiety.
What do experts say about Lori’s baseline deviations in body language?
Baseline deviations, such as a concave abdomen, high blink rate, and asymmetrical mouth movements, may indicate significant stress or discomfort during the interview.
Lori Vallow Daybell’s body language during the interview reveals a complex and intriguing individual. From her high blinking rate and protective behavior to her chaffing and redirection tactics, Lori’s body language offers valuable clues about her emotions, intentions, and potential deception.
By analyzing these subtle cues, we can better understand the enigmatic figure at the center of this captivating case.